2020

Despite starting this blog in 2020, my posts have avoided the upside down year that it has been. It’s my temperament to crowd out feelings of discomfort or conflict with any silver lining or memory of peacefulness. I deeply desire peace at all costs. But the last two weeks it has become unavoidable. My posts have been sporadic, and each time I turn on my laptop I honestly don’t have the energy; not a lack of energy to write, but a fatigue in constantly ignoring all the things truly going on. 

So I guess all I want to post {late} this week is that I acknowledge this flaw in me, and I am feeling the weight of 2020, even if I don’t feel safe enough to write paragraphs about it.

We are entering into thanksgiving, and yes, I am immensely thankful for many things. I also grieve that this year will be different, and that I just ordered a “thanksgiving kit” from Whole Foods because I don’t cook very well, and that the kids will not see their cousins this week. It is complicated, but also okay, to feel all of these things at the same time.

Comments

Popular Posts